|Bless the Harts|
|Running time||22 Minutes|
|Country of origin||United States of America|
|Production company||20th Century Fox Television|
Lord Miller Productions
Titmouse, Inc. (uncredited)
|Original run||September 29, 2019 – June 20, 2021|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||34 (List of episodes)|
|Related shows||King of the Hill|
The series is a joint production between Titmouse, Inc., Lord Miller Productions, Fox Entertainment, Jessebean Inc., and 20th Century Fox Television. It has been confirmed that the show will loosely share the universe with King of the Hill, though the Mega-Lo-Mart store.
The series is rated TV-14 (occassionally with either one, two, three, or all four parameters D (suggestive dialogue), L (suggestive language), S (sexual situations), or V (violence) or none at all). Before every run on FOX, there is a "Viewer discretion is advised" warning (the same seen before Family Guy).
On October 18, 2019, Fox renewed the series for a second production cycle of 21 episodes. On April 1, 2021, Fox announced the show would conclude with its second season, effectively not renewing the show for a third. The show concluded with thirty-four episodes on June 20, 2021.
- 1 Premise
- 2 Episode Guide
- 3 Characters
- 3.1 Main Characters
- 3.2 Recurring Characters
- 3.3 Minor Characters
- 3.4 Stacy
- 4 Cast
- 5 Reception
- 6 References
- 7 External Links
Bless the Harts follows a southern family in the fictional town of Greenpoint, North Carolina that makes-do with their not-so-great financial situation by sticking with each other and their friends.
- Main article: Episode Guide
- Main article: Season 1
- Main article: Season 2
- Main article: Unknown season
Jenny is the mother of Violet Hart and the daughter of Betty Hart. Jenny is the main character in the series. Trying to make ends meet, Jenny struggles to work multiple jobs and has trouble paying the bills. She cares for her daughter Violet and wants her to be successful. She is voiced by Kristen Wiig.
Betty is Jenny's mother and the grandmother of Violet. She tends to bicker with her daughter Jenny, but still cares for her. Betty tends to have a habit of spending money, as shown in the theme song where she buys scratchers and in "Hug N' Bugs" where she buys useless toys for a lot of money. Betty has a habit of saying modern words wrong such as saying meme as "me-me" and Beyonce as "Betronce". She is voiced by Maya Rudolph.
Violet is the teenage daughter of Jenny and granddaughter of Betty. She tends to have a sarcastic tone in terms of personality, but cares for her family. Violet loves art and isn't afraid to express her feelings through drawing, as shown in "Hug N' Bugs" and "Can't Get There from Here". Her middle name is Elizabeth, as revealed in "Cremains of the Day". She is voiced by Jillian Bell.
Wayne is Jenny's boyfriend. He tends to have a father-like bond with Jenny's daughter Violet and wants to win her over as her father figure. Wayne works for a construction company and is the character created for comic relief. He is voiced by Ike Barinholtz.
Jesus is a character who appears in Jenny's imagination. He is voiced by Kumail Nanjiani.
Brenda is Jenny's coworker at The Last Supper and one of her closest friends from high school. She says that she and her family members are known for being proud sluts. She is voiced by Fortune Feimster.
Characters who have names, but no voice actors are not listed.
Randy is the "town weirdo", infamously known in the town for saying weird things. He is voiced by Drew Tarver.
Louise is Jenny and Brenda's boss at The Last Supper. Her husband Daniel is always on his phone and ignoring her when they are together. "Doo-doo-doo-doo" is her catchphrase. She is voiced by Emily Spivey.
Crystalynn is Betty's arch-nemesis. She is voiced by Mary Steenburgen.
Leonard is Wayne's coworker and best friend. He is voiced by Gary Anthony Williams.
David is Violet's best friend. He is voiced by Oscar Montoya.
Daniel is Louise's husband. He's always on his phone for business and seems to ignore and not care about his wife, Louise. However, in "Mega-Lo-Memories", he seemed to care about her 10 years ago. He is voiced by Rich Blomquist.
Bud is the owner of Bud's Dolls. He hires Jenny to work for her, but then she quits because of his hypocrisy. Bud is also at Louise's eating lunch in "Myrtle Beach Memoirs" and also at Louise's house in "Miracle on Culpepper Slims Boulevard". He is voiced by Andy Bobrow.
Dawn is an "exotic dancer" (according to her in "Jenny Unfiltered") and stripper. She is also a friend of Jenny's, though it is not confirmed if they are close or not. When she is on break, she tells guys to "LOOK AWAY!" She is voiced by Christy Stratton.
Charles serves on the city council. He is voiced by Drew Tarver.
Jimmy Lee serves on the city council. He is voiced by Jeremy Rowley.
Maykay is Greenpoint’s news reporter. She is voiced by Kristen Wiig.
Norma is the mail-carrier. She is voiced by Maya Rudolph.
Linda is Leonard's girlfriend and has various positions in the series, including a job at the water district and a job at the courthouse. She is voiced by Michelle Buteau.
Bobbie-Nell is Jenny's old senior neighbor. She is voiced by Fortune Femister.
Marjune is a rich widow who married Morris Culpepper. When he died, she inherited everything. She is voiced by Holly Hunter.
Ian David Cole
Ian David Cole is a famous theatre actor whom Louise invited to perform at her Christmas party. He believes in Wayne when he sees him and encourages him to perform in front of the guests. He is voiced by Chris Parnell.
Rick is a close friend of Betty's who plays guitar in a band that's named after him, although he's not the lead. He is voiced by Stephen Root.
Debbie is a Greenpoint court judge. She is voiced by Natasha Lyonne.
Stacy is a mallrat who lives at the Greenpoint Mall. She has a vendetta against Jenny for not recognizing her back in 2002. According to her, she was Jenny's biggest fan. She is voiced by Kristen Schaal.
- Kristen Wiig as Jenny Hart and Maykay Bueller
- Jillian Bell as Violet Hart and a goth employee
- Maya Rudolph as Betty B. Hart, Norma, and Dr. Chakrabarti
- Ike Barinholtz as Wayne Edwards, a trucker, and Trevor
- Kumail Nanjiani as Jesus Christ
- Fortune Feimster as Brenda and Bobbie-Nell
- Mary Steenburgen as Crystalynn Poole
- Drew Tarver as Randy, Charles Lee, and various background characters
- Emily Spivey as Louise and various background characters
- Gary Anthony Williams as Leonard and Tim Stinson
- Oscar Montoya as David and various background characters
- Jeremy Rowley as Mayor Webb (season 1 and "The Last Supper"), Jimmy Lee, Uncle Tommy, and various background characters
- Christy Stratton as Dawn
- Rich Blomquist as Daniel, Greg, and Brandon
- Andy Bobrow as Bud and various background characters
- Jee Young Han as Binh Ly
- David Herman as Peter, and various background characters
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Mr. Stikeleather and various background characters
- Holly Hunter as Marjune Culpepper
- Chris Parnell as Ian David Cole
- Ken Jeong as Doug
- Grey DeLisle as Mee-Maw Edwards, Ashleigh, and Mother Webb
- Phil LaMarr as Reverend Ace, RJ Deerdeckers, and Rayford
- Jon Hamm as Mayor Webb (season 2)
- Michael Hitchcook as Mr. Bigsby
- Michelle Buteau as Vanessa and Linda
- John Solomon as Tracheo Steve
- Stephen Root as Rick Ocean
- Natasha Lyonne as Debbie Donatello
- Kristen Schaal as Stacy
- Susan Yeagley as Mary Jill and Dr. Pam
- Jorma Taccone as Craig
- Joe Buck as himself
- Sal Vulcano as Bear Vulcano
- Fred Tatasciore as Henri Tomber
- Michael Hitchcook as Mr. Bigsby
- Paula Pell as Ruth and Lenore
- Kenan Thompson as Travis
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Voccola
- Ana Gasteyer as Sam
- Fred Armisen as Leslie
- Swoosie Krutz as Mee-Maw Edwards ("Hoot 'N Haw" and "Tiny Pies")
Season 1 holds an approval rating of 82% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 11 critic reviews, with an average rating of 6.88/10. On Metacritic, Season 1 has a weighted average score of 70 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews"..
- Bless all the Mother’s Harts today!. Retrieved on May 12, 2019.
- 'Bless The Harts' Borrows Mega Lo Mart From 'King Of Hill', Ostrich From Emily Spivey’s Childhood – TCA (February 6, 2019). Retrieved on February 6, 2019.
- Bless the Harts renewed for Season 2 by FOX. Retrieved on 18 October 2019.
- Bless the Harts: Season 1 (2019). Retrieved on September 30, 2019.
- Bless the Harts: Season 1. Retrieved on September 30, 2019.